Monday, February 20, 2006

FINISHED!!!!!

Today, Monday, the 20th of February, I have completed Sock Two, and have more than met my Olympic goal---my first sock. I have now completed my first pair of socks! Here they are!






Anne models socks












Despite the appearance in the second pic, Sock One and Sock Two are actually the same size! I checked! It is just that little magic that happens when one thing is closer than the other thing.

I finished at just after 9 p.m. this evening. All ends woven in, etc. It is such a relief! I will continue to knit, probably smaller socks for younger children. There is still a skein of this yarn, and I have a somewhat decent amount of yarn left from this first skein--not enough for another sock this size, but maybe for a little little kid sized sock! Hurrah!

Meanwhile.....CONGRATULATIONS, CANADA, ON YOUR WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY GOLD MEDAL! What a game, and how exciting it all was! I am so happy for you all!

Be sure to scroll down and read my original post for the day, if you haven't already seen it! By the way, by the time I got off the computer from posting the first time, the sun was out. So pretty!

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Very Nice Sally, you did a great job for a first pair! Very worthy of gold ..... you medal will match the sunny socks! I love how bright and cheery they are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home