Friday, July 07, 2006

Slack, Slack, Slack

What can I say? I finished the shawl. I took photos of the shawl. I don't know if I am "allowed" to post them yet, and it still sits here in the house, waiting for Anne to get it ready for the post office. I could do it, I guess, but I don't know if she has other items to go with it? I don't know the address? Not that I fault Anne in the least. She has so much on her plate right now, with all the final bits and dribs being worked out for her to go back to work. The trauma/delight of going back to work--the job isn't great, but it will be nice for her to get out of the house and actually see real people again. Other people to talk to---what a concept! Someone other than doctors and their staff people. What a switch that will be! Add to that she is still suffering from the sinus infection she has been taking antibiotics for. We are contemplating another trip to the doc's--these pills aren't working?

I still haven't finished my bobbins yet. I guess I have been sort of waiting for Anne to go back to work before I really start anything. Not really a good plan, is it? My fingers are starting to itch for crafty projects though, so that is a good thing. Best to wait till I really want to do something, rather than to push it, right?

I am thinking really hard about getting the alpaca fleece out of the plastic bags and into brown paper grocery bags. I have heard/read that this is the best storage material, as moths won't eat the paper (I hadn't known that) but will eat plastic. Wow. I am really going to get that done. I think I want to get some of those great Rubbermaid tubs with cedar worked in, for long term storage of wooly type things. Or maybe it is best to get more regular type ones and just put in some of the little cedar balls, etc? What do you think?

After seeing Anne's blog, and her comments about her new wooly fleecy stuff she got for her latest birthday pressie, I am going to encourage her to go ahead and paper bag the mass of scoured wool sitting on the table in the screened patio. Then she can go ahead and scour the new wool. We have to remember to order the carders I promised her for her birthday, too.

The quilt projects are starting to call a little louder, and I think I will be heeding the call quite soon. So many projects, so little time, and so many fun things to do. I really need more hours in the day, so I can do more of the fun things I love to do.

Take care and wish me luck at actually getting to work on something!

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Don't I know how hard it is to get everything you actually "want" to do done ..... The ladies at the knit group said they did spinning to relax, not to just make more fiber, (which is a bonus) and not to make fiber for a specific project, just because it was fun to do ..... kind of like buying quilt fabric I fear!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Sally said...

I can well see spinning being like that. I think once I start using the wheel, I will be well and truly hooked, although not a bad thing to be hooked on, eh? I have been reading the Ashford book of spinning--really good, by the way---and there is talk about choosing your fiber for the kind of yarn you want to make, for the project you want to use it for--well, sure, sometimes, but I can see spinning for the fun and relaxation, and then figuring out later what to use it for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home