Friday, May 26, 2006

All Quiet on the Eastern Front.....

On my end of things, anyway.

No knitting, although I have been thinking about it.

No spinning, although the wheel does call to me sometimes. However, since Anne has got the knack back, and has almost filled two bobbins, I think I will go ahead and order that second set of bobbins before I think about using the wheel. It looks like she will need all 4 of the ones we have! By the way, she only showed one bobbin on her blog, but she also totally filled another one too. The singles look great and she can be very proud of herself! She is doing great work!

No quilting, although I have been thinking really really hard about that. Sad to say, the Pooh Bear items for Michelle still aren't done yet. I really would like to get them finished and off to her soon after they have possession of the house. No sense in sending it before, since they are in temp quarters, but once they are moved in and have their things, it would be a good time to have the little wall hangings and quilt for Mitchie's room! So, I think it is more than past time to get the sewing machine oiled and cleaned up a bit (just easy stuff I can do), and get the binding sewed onto the items that are already set for that (2 of them!) and get the quilting done on the last little hanging. It won't take long, it is just getting set to do it. (Well, of course, I still have to cut the strips for the binding too, and sew them together, and press them, etc, before I can sew them on..... oh well.)

Anne has been busy dying wool again. She really has the bug. She is a much more energetic crafter than I am. She always has several (more than several?) projects on needles at one time, and often will work on two or three of them during a given day. She has been playing around with different dying methods for days now. And she has been spinning.

As much as I enjoy knitting and quilting, I obviously have a different crafting personality. I really prefer one knitting project at a time, although I can stand having two or three going. I do have several quilting projects in various stages of completion and that doesn't bother me a bit. Go figure? But, although I do find it all relaxing, etc, I really don't like to do any of it if there are a lot of other things going on. I guess I need peace and quiet to get started. A shame, as it makes it much harder to get started on new things, or even to work on already started things. Oh well. I guess we all have to accept our own way of doing things?

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

No worry that you want to craft in the quiet!!! And remember, Anne has very few other obligations on her mind .... taking up her energies, so no wonder she can keep all those different projects sorted in her head and find the time too.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Haha! She is very much one of those "almost always knitting types" and I am glad of that, it can be such a good stress reducer! She is definitely very productive! I am more of a "have to be in the mood and not too distracted" types. Oh well! We each have to live with our own personalities, right?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

You are right about that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home