Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Knitting Edging, Long Term Project

Yep, the other day I got with it, and got the stitches picked up along the edges of the shawl. I have one and one-half rows left to do, then the bind off. It is quite a long job getting through one row, as the stitches are increased (doubled) most of the knit rows. I haven't had the courage to try to count the number of stitches now. I am glad this is the last increasing knit row that I am on right now, as the circular is about as packed with stitches as it can get, and I am just past the halfway point. I usually don't like to stop knitting mid-row, but I have no choice with this. I still don't like it, but sometimes you have to bow to practicality, which I have. I think I am getting close to that "2 hours to knit a row" thing that Jo mentioned not all that long ago! But, it has been fun, and it is almost done, and I am thinking about what I want to do next. Although actually, it will probably be those lone little socks that need to be finished up. They won't take long, though, and then I will have to seriously think about Christmas stockings.

Meanwhile, the quilting for Michelle still sits and waits, and I have to get at that. She is getting old enough, she will probably actually recognize Pooh and his friends, so she will be quite ready to have them on her walls. And now that she actually has a house and a room of her own again (well, her mommy and daddy have a house---hahah!).........

So, anyway, things are progressing and I have taken a break from reading again--except for my bit before bed each night, which I absolutely can not dispense with.

Oh, the bobbins haven't been finished yet, they are sitting and waiting patiently, and the tung oil is sitting in the garage, and the rain and humidity have kept me out of the garage, waiting for drier weather before attempting to get them done. It takes longer for these things to dry when it is really humid, so makes sense to wait a little bit, eh?!!!!

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Ah yes, long rows, .... i need to get back to my lace edge too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home