Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Shawl....

she is done! No photo, as I don't know if that is allowed yet. Not for us, you see. The ruffled edge was actually pretty easy and rather fun, although the fun part didn't really come till the binding off, at which time the ruffle actually showed. Till then, it was just increasingly unwieldy, with more and more stitches being formed and stuffed onto the circular needle! If there had been one more increase row, it wouldn't have stayed on the needle. It was a good thing the needle was bamboo, or it wouldn't have stayed on anyway!

Anyway, a good pattern, looks nice, was easy to knit, and the ruffle is actually quite fun and looks nice. A success, all the way around!

Now, I just need to get into the garage and get those bobbins finished, and de-smelled, and I can think about spinning again!

And I do still have little socks to finish. I have heard them softly calling to me, so I think they might be next on the list, although the quilted wall hangings and little quilt for Michelle are softly calling too, maybe a little louder? At least I am not so unfortunate as to have nothing to do. What a curse it must be, not to enjoy reading, or doing crafts (knitting, crocheting, quilting, etc, etc, etc). How horrible it must be to get no pleasure from life unless you are out roaming, looking for ways to get into trouble.

Okay, enough of the rant! I'll let you know which project called loudest and snagged my attention, so ...... tune in next time, same bat time, same bat channel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home