Saturday, March 25, 2006

Spinning Along Slowly

I still don't have it yet. That is the bottom line. However, I have not spent enough time, especially in one stretch, to have really had time to "get it" I don't think. So, the process continues.

I did go back and looked at almost every video and read almost all the text from the different choices at I Can Spin. I really thought that would help a lot, and it did in theory. I think I understand more now. It didn't help in practice yet! I guess it might have helped that I tried spinning again yesterday---and although it didn't go as well as I hoped it would, I think I have a better understanding now of why it didn't. I can't seem to get the fiber to sort of flow, as it seems to for the various spinners I have seen online. I did much more preparation yesterday, to get the fiber ready, but I am sure it still isn't enough. I think I will be much better prepared now, for the next time! It is all part of the learning experience, and I will get it eventually!

Here is a photo of my spindle, with the total accumulated results of my spinning efforts to date.




Here is a closer shot of it:




Sorry the photo isn't any clearer, but I think you can get a good idea of what it is looking like. The light really reflects off the singles, and makes it hard to get a good shot of it.

That is how it stands. I am not discouraged, although I will be really glad when I finally get it all sorted out properly and can spin consistently!

5 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

It looks pretty darn good to me .... keep up the good work!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Thanks!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Franklin said...

Yours is a heck of a lot more consistent than mine! Keep it spinning! "They" keep promising me it'll all start to work if we just practice :-)

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Sally said...

Just in case you check back, thanks Franklin!!! I love your blog and Dolores is great!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

OMG!! I agree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home