Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Okay, Okay, I know when I am beaten! I should have known that between Anne and Jo, I would get sucked into the Knitting Olympics. I did resist for a while. I figured it was fine for Anne, Jo, Stephanie (aka Yarn Harlot), and hoards of other knitters to do it. But, I was in a quandary as to what kind of project to tackle, and it was easier to bow out and not do anything. However, Jo emailed and asked if I was up to it, and Anne twisted my arm--gently! Anne did have a good suggestion, since she had already looked at the list on the Harlots Knitting Olympics blog, and I decided I can try a sock. That may sound wimpy, but I haven't ever knit a sock, and I have no idea how long it might take me. I did do a large Christmas stocking once, a very simple pattern, but that was years and years ago, and I have no idea now just how long it took me to do it. So, a single sock is my aim. If I find that I complete it way too soon (not bloody likely, but who knows?), I will add the second sock. Does that sound fair?

Meanwhile, no knitting, quilting, or anything crafty has been coming from me. Anne continues to knit almost all the time, when she isn't eating or on the computer, and sometimes she does actually knit while on the computer. Go figure. She has posted, renamed, and made other changes to the blog formerly known as "The Daily Drudge." I guess I will have to change its name on my blog links!

Back to me though. I guess I am still sneezing and coughing just enough that I hesitate to mess with anything that could cause further allergic reactions. Which is actually another reason I hesitated about the Knitting Olympics. Anne has offered me sock yarn from her stash, and I will probably accept that kind offer, since after all this time, perhaps there will be less chance of smelly chemical eminations coming from the yarn? We will hope! Meanwhile, I have Christmas stockings to knit, and Winnie the Pooh wall hangings and quilt to complete for the adorable grandbaby, Michelle. I really haven't forgotten you, darling. Grandma is just really slow, and Tia (Anne) did get sick, and and and.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home