Wednesday, January 04, 2006

No New Episodes

Pix will be coming, of the baby blanket, the hat I am working on (almost done), etc, but for now, just an item for those of you who may not have heard. I wouldn't know about it but for some of the quilt shop newsletters I get online.

HGTV has declined to purchase new episodes of "Simply Quilts", hosted by Alex Anderson. All the episodes shown in 2006 will be repeats. I don't always watch the show, and I don't always like the guest she has on---some types of quilting just don't appeal to me. However, I usually enjoy the show, and it has exposed me to all kinds of techniques, interesting patterns, interesting quilt designers, etc. I would hate to see an end to new episodes. If you feel the same way, there are online petitions that can be signed, and there is an address for snail mailing an actual letter. Real letters often carry more weight than the online petitions do. I mailed a letter yesterday!

Here are the links and address:

petition HGTV

petitions/Simply Quilts

HGTV
Viewer Services
9721 Sherrill Blvd.
Knoxville, TN
37932

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home