Friday, December 02, 2005

Dishcloth

Well, I had thought I would start a dishcloth, and would have it to take to work on when I take Anne for pt over the next days/weeks/??? times. I checked the book for a pattern that wasn't too complicated to do---only because I didn't want to have to be constantly referring to the book, while out and about. I found a nice one, and chose yarn that actually was more fitting than I realized. Anne was the one who decided it was a nice choice, it is white, blue and dark green, well, with some lighter green too---all a variegated cotton yarn---Lion cotton. The pattern is Crocus Bulb. I don't know that I think it looks like crocus bulbs, but I guess we have to allow poetic license?

I got it cast on and have gotten a good start on it---12 rows or so already? I don't think I will take it out with me though. It is one thing that the yarn seems rougher than the Peaches and Cream-- or is it Sugar and Cream?-- that I have used before. However, I noticed when I stopped that I had dye residue on my fingers. From the dark green, it looked like. I imagine it was just one of those things, and perhaps the excess dye accounts for the feeling of the yarn. I am sure it will feel lovely once it is washed? However, I will keep it as something to work on at home, where I can wash my hands with unscented soap!

Next time, I will post a photo of the second dish cloth I did, which was the one I finished for Anne, done in the Bee Stitch Pattern. It came out quite nicely, and I really like the yarn color more than I thought I would! It was my next completed project, anyway!

3 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Well maybe you need to do socks as a carry along project!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Sally said...

maybe I should!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Daveyne said...

Sally - Could you share the pattern for that crobus bulb stitch? I found it somewhere & like the way it looks, but the pattern that was printed with it is wrong. Thanks if you can

 

Post a Comment

<< Home