Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Blankey






I had not knit in ages. Years, many years. It seemed like eons ago! But, there were going to be Christmas stockings to knit, and I actually found I missed knitting. So, I got out the knitting needles. This isn't actually the project I started with, but I have realized that it is the second started, and the first one completed. So, I will show it first! Only fair, right, since it was the first completed?

I first started knitting a cotton dishcloth. However, Anne put in a request for a knit blankey when she found she had a pituitary tumor. She had been wondering why she was always either freezing cold or broiling hot. We figured that helped explain it, in part anyway! I think when we first got the yarn, she had planned to make it, but before ever even casting on, she asked if I would knit it. I was happy to do it!

Anne had started a basket weave baby blanket and really liked the pattern. We used that pattern, just multiplying all the numbers by 3? I don't remember the exact number now. I think the finished dimensions of the blanket are 50" by 54". Anne crocheted an edging, just single crochets, all around, with a darker yarn.

I started it here in Florida, took it to Ohio when we went for Anne's friend's wedding, and finished it at home, in time for her long ACTH test in a very cold room in the endocrinologist's office! It also spent some time in the hospital with her. It has definitely seen some hard use. Not the least of which are kitty claws. Oh well.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

Excellent Work, Anne looks pretty snug under there!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Joanna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home